doTERRA Wholesale account, Is it worth it? Facebook market place, facebook groups, eBay etc are all FULL of people selling DōTERRA essential oils at wholesale prices. It’s concerning. It worries me. Apart from the fact it’s againest DōTERRA policy and values, how do you actually know if what your getting is actually pure DōTERRA oil??? I won’t get started on how easy it actually is to tamper with oils, how many points people are racking up this way. I’m here to talk about to things your family/friends/ even yourself lose when you sell at wholesale. What You lose & miss out on when you purchase from these avenues.
This whole approach is a model of empowerment and education, and if you as a Wellness Advocate are doing this, you are blocking them from earning points, earning products for free, even having their oils delivered to their door. It creates a whole messy little web, it creates the stigma that an account isn’t worth having. That is WRONG.
When we allow people to buy oils from us at wholesale prices, we are standing in the way of others really succeeding with this because we are fearful about helping them open their own account. I’m not sure why people think having an account will be such a scary thing? It’s $35 to open a wholesale account, and what you receive and the ongoing support is worth SO MUCH MORE!!!!
Here’s why you are doing a huge disservice to both yourself and also your friend/family member.
- You have O Chance at actually getting your oils for free or creating a long term sustainable business/income. ZERO.
- By doing this, those people do not get access to a private community of passionate advocates. They don’t get to reach out to an upline and say hey, I don’t understand what this oils for. Or even experience the community that DōTERRA has built. They never receive that support, and that truely is just SO WRONG.
- They don’t receive ANY of the benefits of the Loyalty Rewards Program (LRP) so they don’t receive free points or free oils. I know how many oils i have received for free and it’s been a huge help to grow my collection and also restock my collection. They don’t get that chance.
- They lose out on the chance to share these oils with others and earn their oils for free, and potentially grow a business for themselves. They can’t do any of this without their own wholesale account. If they’re not experiencing the proper benefits of a wholesale membership with doTERRA, Then they are being ripped off.
- They lose out on the chance of business training and mentoring that they would receive if they decided to supplement their income (or replace their income) with their wholesale membership. This is so much more than an essential oils business – this is first and foremost a self-development/personal growth journey wrapped up in oils.
- What happens a lot – and I’ve seen it happen – is you can end up with your contacts actually enrolling elsewhere. They go to someone else’s class, get offered a great deal and suddenly enrol right there (because they don’t understand how it works). Which means they’re not enrolled with you, and they don’t receive the benefits from being here in our team. I’ve had it happen to me many times, even team members. If you want to help your friends/ family, Then help show them the benefits of their OWN account. Don’t hand them over to an upline or someone else, enrol them yourself.
- You’re killing your ability to at least re-coup all the effort that you put into organising the orders, getting payments etc. Why do it for free? A wholesale account doesn’t mean you will be ripping off your friends & family. Commission comes directly from DōTERRA not out of their pocket. Even if you get the points it’s so not worth the effort.
- You’re actually undermining the integrity of doTERRA by selling it constantly at wholesale and for those of us who are building this beautiful business. For those that do the right thing, for those that share oils in an authentic way, you take that choice away.
If you get approached by someone to buy oils for them, point out how much VALUE they will receive when they open their own wholesale account. Please invite your friends/family/connections to learn more, to find out for themselves about the benefits.